Has anyone else noticed the construction projects starting to finish up? The signs on schools welcoming kids back? Or how cold it is at night?
I smell a season change; and a new season means new colours! A great way to dramatically change the look and feel of a room is with an area rug. If you’re looking for decorating inspiration, it’s a great first purchase for a room to get your inner designer going.
And with how popular tile, luxury vinyl, and hardwood are lately, a rug can add some warmth, comfort, and character to your home.
Flooring Superstores have area rugs in stock: but we can make you a broadloom area rug out of ANY carpet we have! We also provide the appropriate non-slip underlay for your rug.
So now you’re thinking about the room you have that could use a new rug, and you might be wondering how to go about measuring for it.
You have to consider:
- The size and type of room
- Size and look of the furniture
- Colour scheme or theme of the room
- Traffic—where are people going to be walking?
And then there are the rules:
- Furniture legs should be part on, part off, fully on or fully off or a mix of everything… Confusing, right? I feel like you can do just about anything you want with legs so long as you’re consistent and it looks good.
- Leave 18 inches of bare floor around the rug. Or slightly more or less… again, these rules are more like suggestions, so just go with your heart.
- Placement is better explained with a picture, so here are some suggestions
Now that you know the general rules, go ahead and break them! Emily Henderson wrote a great blog (with a video!) about choosing the right rug size.